Most of the small business owners are frustrated with abandoning visitors. But you can reduce the website abandonment rate by adopting a strategies and we are going to talk about it today.
1. Improve your website design
You need to impress your website visitors within the first 5 milliseconds. Here are a few ways to make the best first impression with your website design:
- Reduce the number of ads as much as possible because no one really like spammy ads (do you?)
- Picking the right colors for your website or changing the colors of buttons and links can create impacts on the minds of visitors.
- Avoid excessive clutter and not-so-easy-to-read fonts. Investing in a good website theme or hiring a good website designer would help too.
- Invest in good copy for your website because even one word can influence the minds of your visitors like nothing else.
2. Use exit-intent pop-ups
Exit-intent pop-ups are those which come up when you are about to click on the exit button. They are an excellent way to capture subscribers, the visitor is about to leave your site anyway, so why not give it one last try?
Exit-intent pop-ups have the chance of recovering around 10% to 15% of your about-to-abandon visitors. Hence, exit-intent popups are definitely worth a shot.
3. Adhere to web accessibility guidelines
One in every five people in the U.S. is disabled in some way. Disabilities such as hearing impairment, visual impairment, and cognitive disabilities could mean that these users will not be able to access your website completely unless you adhere to web accessibility guidelines.
88% of users are less likely to return to a website after they encounter a bad experience! Hence web accessibility is too important to be taken lightly.
Moreover, frustrated users may even go to the extent of filing web accessibility lawsuits against your company. This can put your company in a bad light and lead to bad PR.
So, implementing in an automated web accessibility solution can be the wisest action that you can take today. This one step will help you win the hearts of 20% of website visitors and turn up your loyal subscriber count significantly.
4. Personalize the content
Personalization is the key to captivating your visitors, impressing them, and gaining their trust. After all, who doesn’t want to feel special?
- Personalize your exit overlays and lead magnets by addressing specific concerns of the visitor.
- Show customized product recommendations based on order history.
- Offer special, personalized discounts to your customers.
- Personalize all the emails that you send by segmenting your email list based on purchase history, demographics, customer journey stage, and then sending customized emails to each of these email lists.
5. Add a clear CTA
Did you know that a whopping 70% of small business websites lack a CTA on their homepage? Without a CTA, users won’t have any direction, prompting them to abandon your website.
Add a strong CTA to your homepage in two to three places at least. Ensure that your CTA is clearly visible, and preferably placed above the fold.
Second, give a reason for the user to click on the CTA button:
- Solve some pain points
- Put forth your value proposition
- Create urgency or mystery
A prominent CTA button and a reason to click on it will urge your website visitors to take some action in your favor and ultimately turn into a subscriber.
Building a loyal subscriber base takes time and multiple error strategies to finally land on something that works for you, but you can use the above-mentioned tips as a good starting point.